Friday, March 26, 2010

T-Minus...

What, like, 31 hours? Crazy huh?

Just a few thoughts as we are approaching our first worship service. We should not expect perfect from ourselves (and on this I'm speaking to myself first of all). We will have goof-ups and mess-ups as we go. Those are good opportunities to learn and to get better.

Don't try to meet everyone who comes tomorrow night. Now, it may end up being really nasty weather, so we may end up with only our core. In that case, be sure you know everyone. But if there are others there, let me just encourage you all to have one meaningful conversation/contact with someone there. That is, in my opinion, more important than just meeting everyone.

We need to start thinking about what to do with kids... in a good way. We will have parents come and they will want to know that we are thinking of them. If you are interested in helping me work through that, I need you to let me know soon.

Please be deliberate about maintaining the connections that we established during our home church phase. Invite people to dinner, to watch "The Office", you know, stuff like that. Relationships take work, at least, ones that are worth keeping do. It is ok to be intentional about them.

Looking forward to it, and as always, you guys are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment